Sunday, April 23, 2006

Finally got back in gear after recovering from being jetlagged (yeah, I know, excuses, excuses).

Easy 3 mile run with Mel on Friday.

Saturday, up the hard side of PV (my first time!), which is a 25 mile bike ride, followed by a 2.5-3 mile run (trudge).

Today I did the LA Tri Club beginner's ocean swim.

I've lost a few more pounds (coming off steadily) and I think it's really, really helping me on the hills.

Speaking of the hills: going up 2 miles of switchbacks is NOT FUN. Mel tells me that soon it will become fun. Satisfying, yes, I will admit that, though I was reduced to chanting (out loud) KEEP GOING KEEP GOING about 3/4 of the way up, because I so wanted to stop and take a break. (I resisted, and made it all the way to the top with stopping, of which I'm intensely proud.) But fun? Hmmm.

Oh, and it didn't help (though it was a bit funny), seeing the sign "NOT SUITABLE FOR BIKES" at the base of the switchbacks. I need to take a pic of that and post it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home